Orange County Hydro Jetting Service
B&B Plumbing, Inc. equips its workforce with the latest pipe clearing equipment in the industry. We operate industrial-grade hydro jetting machines making us the ultimate solution for clearing out clogged drains. We provide both homes and businesses access to fast and reliable relief from drainage clogs of any size. When drain cleaning methods like rooting don’t work, B&B Plumbing, Inc. offers a fast, effective, and environmentally friendly solution that clears pipes quickly and costs much less than traditional repair and replacement methods.
What is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro Jetting, also known as sewer jetting, is an effective plumbing solution for cleaning drains that involves removing debris via high-powered streams of water. The hydro jetting system consists of a large water tank, high-pressure hose, strength attachment nozzle, and a powerful machine that pressurizes and controls the flow of water. It is considered more effective than traditional drain cleaning methods like snakes, blades, or drain rods because the jets are more capable of removal than manual force and water can bend around curves and oddly shaped blockages giving you more complete coverage.
A hose fitted with a pressure sewer jetter nozzle is inserted into the drain and water is blasted directly into and along the sides of the drainpipe at multiple angles. The pressure can range from 1,000 psi to 5,000 psi, clearing any debris, clogs, and buildup in the plumbing system.
Common blockages that can be removed through hydro jetting
- Emulsified grease
- Tree roots
- Paper products
- Foreign objects
When these types of debris build up in your pipes the diameter of the pipe becomes narrower and the flow restricted. When this happens you might experience slow drainage or backups. A hydro jetter is more effective than traditional methods because of the radius it can clean. For instance, snaking methods are limited by how they work, they burrow into blockages in a narrow straight line which can open up pipes but still leave a limited flow. Hydro jetting is so powerful that it can restore the pipe to near its original diameter.
The benefits of hydro jetting
- Hydro Jetting removes all blockages: It’s the toughest drain cleaning solution available making it the ultimate choice for removing even the most stubborn blockages from your pipes.
- Hydro Jetting is non-invasive: Hydro-jetting is a non-invasive plumbing solution. There is no digging required to remove obstructions. Most pipe systems can simply be accessed via the cleanout.
- Hydro Jetting is safe: The whole process is highly pressurized water, meaning absolutely no hazardous chemicals whatsoever.
- Hydro Jetting is environmentally friendly: Hydro jetting is a green technology because it only uses water and doesn’t harm the environment.
When should you consider hydro jetting?
How do you know if hydro jetting is right for you? Your average clogged drain can be resolved using a common household plunger. If that doesn’t help the next step would be to try something like snaking. B&B Plumbing, Inc.’s standard drain cleaning service can be a great solution for more malleable blockages like food and toilet paper. However, if the clog persists, giving our Orange County hydro jetting team a call should be the next step up. Our technician will use a special video inspection tool to see the cause of the blockage and then perform the hydro jet service.
Here are some common signs our technicians look for when determining whether a line is a good candidate for hydro jetting:
- Raw sewage backing up and spilling into your toilet, drain, or bathtub
- Water pooling around the floor drains
- Strange noises like gurgling sounds coming from your pipes
- Water backs up into fixtures when using appliances like a washing machine
- Multiple clogs or clogs occurring at an increasing rate
- Slow drains
- Sewer odors
How often should you have your drains cleaned through hydro jetting?
The frequency of your hydro jetting service depends on a variety of factors. As a general rule of thumb, a good preventative routine would be to have your sewer lines cleaned every 1-2 years. However, if you are experiencing constant back-ups and clogging before that, our Orange County plumbing specialists will be able to provide you with a more accurate time frame after they perform a video inspection of your pipes.
Each customer has a different experience depending on how old their plumbing system is and how they use their drains. For instance, a restaurant might require cleaning more often than other businesses because of the amount of grease, oil, and food that is regularly put down the drains. Regardless of whether you are a residential or commercial client, it’s important that you add drain cleaning and inspection as a part of your regularly scheduled “housekeeping” measures to avoid any surprises later on.
A versatile solution for different types of blockages
What makes hydro jetting such a powerful and versatile solution is the ability to adapt to whatever blockages are found in your pipes. There many different types of sewer jetter nozzles that vary in size and applications. Our Orange County hydro jetting experts have the extensive experience necessary to know which nozzle is right for the given situation.
- Sewer Cleaning Nozzles: Designed for general cleaning tasks.
- Root Cutting Nozzles: Built specifically for cutting roots, grease, and scale in a range of pipe sizes
- Spinning Jetter Nozzles: These nozzles are designed to provide 360-degree pipe cleaning coverage. These jets contact the pipe walls in a way that enables them to clean soap, limestone, grease, and other build-ups.
- Heavy-Duty Cleaning Nozzles: As the name suggests these are meant for extremely difficult build-ups typically found in commercial pipes or homes that haven’t been cleaned in some time.
Why use B&B Plumbing, Inc. for Hydro Jetting
B&B Plumbing, Inc. has over 35 years of experience and we train and equip all of our technicians on the latest hydro-jetting technology. You can be sure the service you receive will be the most thorough and economical choice available. Prior to your hydro-jetting service, a plumbing technician will perform a video inspection to verify the condition of your existing pipes. This is an important step as highly pressurized water can damage or critically break pipes in poor condition. The technician will also want to determine the pipe hasn’t collapsed or is otherwise ineligible for hydro jetting. In instances where the pipe is beyond drain cleaning, it will need to be replaced instead which is a service we offer as well.
Thinking about DIY hydro jetting? Our hydro jetting specialists have seen it all, they know the correct water pressure settings to break up obstructions and debris without damaging pipes. This is why we recommend against DIY jetting and suggest you rely on the expertise of plumbing professionals to perform hydro jetting.
To schedule your hydro jetting service today, give us a call at our 24/7 plumbing support line 714-970-7977. We are available for emergency plumbing service for both residential and commercial clients.
Have a plumbing issue? We're the local plumber for you.(714) 970-7977
We’re open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all your plumbing needs.